Frequently Asked Questions
Please see news & events on the homepage.
This is the answer a test FAQ.
A vast majority of our students ~80% get employment within the first six months of their graduation. The pay packages they recieve are comparatively better than other engineering discipines. They are employed by various organizations both in public and private sectors. Some of our students have well established startups in Pakistan and abroad.
Any graduate interested to learn and gain comprehensive knowledge about GIS and RS can get enrolled in “Short Course in GIS and RS” when offered by IGIS.
Faculty and the students have access to state of the art laboratories equipped with the latest Intel Pentium 4 computers; HP LaserJet printers; HP plotters to meet large scale printing requirements; Contex Wide format scanners, with a capacity to scan a 42 inch wide maps, aerial photographs etc; GPS for field data collection etc. In addition, ArcGIS10 and ERDAS Imagine 2011softwares (ESRI & Leica Geosystems products respectively) are available for analysis and image processing. IGIS holds about 1,000 books, articles, and related published material for the students.
- Admission is granted on the basis of candidates’ performance in NUST Entry Test (NET) or score in Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) for which limited number of seats are reserved.
- The entire process of registration for admission is online.
- Candidates must be in possession of CNIC or Form B or NICOP (National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis).
- For applying for Registration:-
- FA / FSc stream candidates should have passed Part-I exam.
- A level students should have obtained minimum 60% marks in O level as per equivalence cirtificate issued by IBCC.
- When applications for admissions are invited, candidates are first required to get registered by providing valid email address. On provision of registration number, the candidate is required to fill up the online admission form and deposit specified processing fee.
- Candidates can appear in the entry test more than once to improve their score. The merit for admission is prepared on the basis of best score.
- For every attempt to appear in NET, a separate application is to be filled up.
- Computer based entry tests for all disciplines are held in multiple series at NUST Campus Islamabad according to the following schedule:
- First Series (NET-1) - 7 - 21 Dec 2019
- Second Series (NET-2) - 14 Mar 2020 onwards
- Third Series (NET-3) - Jun-Jul 2020
- Paper based entry test is conducted in Karachi and Quetta in Mar & July.
- In NET-2 & 3, candidates have an option either to appear for Paper Based Test at Karachi & Quetta or Computer Based Test at Islamabad.
- In Computer-based Entry Test, candidates can select the date and session of test according to their choice depending on availability of space.
- Admission process for all undergraduate programmes is conducted once a year to facilitate the commencement of the academic year in Fall.
- For more details, please visit NUST website www.nust.edu.pk.
BE Classes –from 9:00am -- 5:00pm (Mon – Fri).
MS Classes – from 5:00pm -- 9:00pm (Mon – Fri).
PhD Classes –from 5:00pm – 9: 00pm (Mon –Fri)
A geographic information system is a system designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present all types of geographical data. The acronym GIS is used for Geographical Information Science.
Remote Sensing (RS) is the science and art of obtaining information about an object, area, or phenomenon through the analysis of data acquired by a device (ground based/aircraft/satellite) that is not in contact with the object, area, or phenomenon under investigation
For Undergraduate please visit http://www.nust.edu.pk/Admissions/Fee%20and%20Funding/Pages/Undergraduate-Financial-Matters.aspx
For Postgraduate please visit http://www.nust.edu.pk/Admissions/Fee%20and%20Funding/Pages/Postgraduate-Financial-Matters.aspx
IGIS offers (1) Non-degree Training courses (2) Regular degree Programs (BE Geoinformatics & MS in RS and GIS), plans to offer Phd in Geospatial Science from Fall 2012 and (3) Consultancy services in diversified GIS and RS application areas.
IGIS is located at: IGIS Building, NUST Sector H-12, Islamabad Pakistan.